President: Reginald Murray (918) 694-8190
Vice President: Joe Stanbro (918) 693-3803
Secretary / Treasurer: Jennifer Murray (918) 367-9060
NTA Director: Reginald Murray (918) 694-8190
F.T.O. Memberships and Fees
Junior – Age 16 and Under with Publication …………………………$10.00
Individual – With Monthly Official Publication ………………….…..$25.00
Family (1+ Spouse) – With Monthly Official Publication ……………$30.00
Lifetime – With plaque or patch and Publication ……………………$300.00
Lifetime (60+) – With plaque or patch and Publication …………..…$250.00
Members benefit option: receive a quarterly newsletter via U.S. Postal Service or Email.
Members benefit: Publication – Trapper’s Post Magazine.
Members benefit: participate on the Fur Takers of Oklahoma GROUP Facebook page & FTO Members Only Discussion Forum.
To obtain a membership, please visit http://oklahomatrapper.com/memberships/ and you can purchase through the PayPal system without an account, using a credit card or check card from this page, or download the membership form in either MS Word or .PDF format, fill it out and mail it to:
Jennifer Murray – FTO Treasurer, 36175 Pinehill Road, Bristow, OK 74010
Hello from Bristow, Oklahoma.
I hope this letter finds everyone doing well. The FTO still has a LOT going on for the future and we just held our Fall Meeting at the Creek County Fairgrounds. You can read more about it and see the pictures in the quarterly newsletter. Please contact us and let us know if you have had a change of address so that we can get that information updated and you do not miss your subscription. We do have the new FTO patches which will be $5 each. If you wish to have some before a meeting you can mail payment to the FTO Address along with $5 for each patch you wish to have.
Please stay tuned to the F.T.O. Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423643751182902/) and website (http://oklahomatrapper.com/events/) for the dates, times and locations of all F.T.O. Events. Please note that trappers can join the Fur Takers of Oklahoma, Inc. Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423643751182902/ and the F.T.O. forum located at http://oklahomatrapper.com/fto/.
As the FTO continues to grow exponentially in membership and participation, we are looking forward to these upcoming dates and activities:
• 2016 Fur Auction – March 5, 2016 at the Okmulgee County Fairgrounds in Okmulgee, OK. Doors will open at 7:00 AM and the auction will begin at 9:00 AM. Regardless of weather conditions, the fur auction will proceed as planned.
• 2016 Spring Meeting – Time, Date and Location TBA. This is the first election for the FTO since the formation of the organization. ALL nominations must be turned in no later than the Fur Auction date. “Write In” nominations on the ballots will not be valid. Please check with those you wish to nominate to ensure they are willing to accept the nomination and that they meet the requirements of the ByLaws.
The 2015 FTO Gun Raffle Results:
Congratulation to the following gun raffle winners:
1. Noah Church – S&W AR15 Sporter .223 / 5.56 semi-auto rifle
2. Reginald Murray – Benelli Nova 12 ga pump shotgun
3. Matthew Kelly – Ruger Single 10 .22 cal revolver
We are proud to announce that our newest (and youngest) Lifetime Member is Mr. Ayden Kelly. It was both my pleasure and honor to present him with his Lifetime Membership plaque. Young Mr. Ayden is the future of trapping and is one of many reasons like himself we elect to pass this heritage and tradition along to our children and grandchildren.
The FTO would like to thank the following companies for bringing supplies and vending at the fall meeting:
• Okie Cable & Trap Supply
• Stanbro Lures & Supplies
• American Coon Caps
And the FTO would like to thank the following companies for donating and supporting the FTO:
• Davenport Archery & Sports of Prague, Oklahoma
• Minnesota Trapline Products
• Hoosier Trapper Supplies
• PCS Outdoors
Please show your support to these companies. Links to their businesses can be found on the website.
Some regulation changes that are new this year and will be in effect are as follows:
• Effective November 1, 2015: resident fur dealers no longer required to provide advance notice of each and every place where business is transacted.
• Effective November 1, 2015: All traps shall bear the name of the owner of the traps, except for any traps set on property owned or leased by the owner of the traps.
• Effective November 1, 2015: on any lands where smooth-jawed double-spring offset traps are used, the posting of signs shall be required at all entrances from public roads and highways. The requirement to post signs shall not apply if the person is trapping on property owned or leased by the person.
The FTO would like to thank Mr. Jerrod Davis, ODWC Fur Bearer Biologist, for bring some insight, explanation and answers to potential upcoming regulatory changes that will have a more positive impact to trapping in the State of Oklahoma.
For more information please visit the website at http://oklahomatrapper.com
In closing … remember to take a kid or two out hunting, fishing or trapping with you when you go … the activity could literally have a positive effect on their lives and how they grow up. Fishing is still good right now in Oklahoma and the Fall hunting seasons are beginning to open. It’s a good time of the year to take some youngsters with you out to scout your line locations and do some fishing. Be safe, remember to wear your hunter orange and we hope to see you at the March 5, 2016 Fur Auction at the Okmulgee County Fairgrounds.
Reginald Murray, President