President: Reginald Murray (918) 694-8190
Vice President: Glenn Pullen (702) 482-3624
Secretary / Treasurer: Britni Thurman (918) 850-2855
NTA Director: Craig Hendrix (918) 292-9186
F.T.O. Memberships and Fees
Junior – Age 16 and Under with Publication …………………………$10.00
Individual – With Monthly Official Publication ………………….…..$30.00
Family (1+ Spouse) – With Monthly Official Publication ……………$35.00
Lifetime – With plaque or patch and Publication ……………………$300.00
Lifetime (60+) – With plaque or patch and Publication …………..…$250.00
Members benefit option: receive a quarterly newsletter via U.S. Postal Service or Email.
Members benefit: Publication – Trapper’s Post Magazine.
Members benefit: participate on the Fur Takers of Oklahoma GROUP Facebook page & FTO Members Only Discussion Forum.
To obtain a membership, please visit http://oklahomatrapper.com/memberships/ . You can purchase through the PayPal system without an account, using a credit card or check card, or download the membership form in either MS Word or .PDF format, fill it out and mail it to:
Britni Thurman – FTO Treasurer, 22524 East 19th Street, Yale, OK 74085
Hello from Bristow, Oklahoma.
I hope this letter finds everyone doing well. As I write this report, I find that I have been up all night finalizing everything from the fall meeting. The reports, membership logs and submissions, validating the meeting minutes, etc. I believe the first order in this report is to thank the Rogers County 4H and Annette Brouse for bringing out some of her kids and representatives. They were very well received and the kids really seemed to enjoy the demonstrations. I would also like to go ahead and thank our ODWC Biologist Jarrod Davis for talking with us about his involvement with an OSU bobcat study that is going to occur shortly. If you wish to assist with the program, contact Jarrod for more information. A HUGE thanks to Jeb Hollingshead for bringing Okie Cable & Trap Supply from Crowder, OK to supply our trapping needs. He and his crew are always appreciated.
A special thanks to our newly elected officers. They jumped in and assisted when and where they could. A very special thanks to our new Secretary / Treasurer Britni Thurman for her record keeping, money handling and taking off to get the meal for the day.
In case you missed the fall meeting, please be safe on the lines and we hope to see you at the fur auction on March 11, 2017 at the Okmulgee County Fairgrounds. Here are a few highlights of what we covered during the meeting:
- Congratulations to Mr. James Valentine who won the Ruger Single 10 Stainless Single Action .22 caliber Revolver and congratulations to Mr. Alex Irving who won the Mossberg MVP Predator .223 Bolt Action Rifle w/ fluted heavy barrel, 11 round magazine and laminated wood stock.
- We discussed with the Department some proposed regulation changes and updates such as wording for 4 Coiled traps to be legalized, a change of some limits on other furbearers once some studies have been completed. And we discussed the possibility of a Youth Trappers Campout in the 2017 season.
- We discussed the legal activities going on that we are aware of, and encouraged everyone to join the NTA. For more information, contact our new NTA Director Craig Hendrix at the phone number listed above.
- A skinning demo and trap setting demos were presented to anyone who wanted to watch. The 4H kids and adult were especially attentive and questioning. They were very appreciative of the knowledge they departed with and I am receiving reports that all of the kids in attendance are still talking about how much fun and enjoyment they had and how much they learned. The kids make this organization more than worthwhile, they are our trapping heritage future, so get them involved and keep them interested.
The FTO is discussing the possibility of a pair of raffles for the 2017 Fur Auction. A raffle for the “Men” and one for the “Ladies” so to speak. So if we proceed with the raffles, watch for tickets to go on sale on the Facebook Page.
Please contact us and let us know if you have had a change of mailing or email address so that we can get that information updated and you do not miss your subscription. FTO patches are $5 each. If you wish to have some before a meeting you can mail payment to the FTO Address along with $5 for each patch you wish to receive.
Please stay tuned to the F.T.O. Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423643751182902/) and website (http://oklahomatrapper.com/events/) for the dates, times and locations of all F.T.O. Events. Please note that trappers can join the Fur Takers of Oklahoma, Inc. Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423643751182902/ and the F.T.O. forum located at http://oklahomatrapper.com/fto/.
As the FTO continues to grow exponentially in membership and participation, we are looking forward to these upcoming dates and activities:
- 2017 Fur Auction March 11, 2017 at the Okmulgee County Fairgrounds
Once again, the FTO would like to thank the Okie Cable & Trap Supply Company for vending at the meetings and fur auctions:
For more information please visit the website at http://oklahomatrapper.com
In closing … remember to take a kid or two out hunting, fishing or trapping with you when you go … the activity could literally have a positive effect on their lives and how they grow up. My wife and possibly a couple other youngsters will be introduced to new hunting and trapping activities with me this year. Please remember there is benefit in joining the NTA, but if you don’t join the NTA … then join another non-profit wildlife conservation organization. Make you voice heard. Be safe.
Reginald Murray, President