The Fur Takers of Oklahoma with host a minimum of two stated meetings per year, along with several other events and fur auctions. From time to time, our Directors might even elect to host a “regional” or “district” event … and then there are also the “get together” meets organized by members.
When details of a meeting are finalized, you can find out more information about the meetings to transpire on the calendar, in the newsletters, in membership publications or even in an email if the member elects to receive association correspondence in that form.
The Fur Takers of Oklahoma officers will strive to keep everyone properly notified and informed of all events and activities this Association will partake in.
1st Annual Fur Takers of Oklahoma, Inc. “Coyote Trapping Challenge”
Contest time period: Dec 1, 2017 – Feb 28, 2018
Criteria and Rules of Contest:
1. Must be a 1 person or 2 person team, legally licensed to trap & sell within the state of Oklahoma. Entry fee $50 per team.
2. Must be an F.T.O. member to participate.
3. Teams can be registered and entry fee paid from December 1, 2017 through January 15, 2018
4. Legally trapped coyotes ONLY.
5. Dispatch method maximum of a .22 caliber to the head. “Rib shot” or “Neck shot” and road kill coyotes are not allowed. NO CANNON HOLES.
6. Mange stricken, blood clotted, rotten, “roadkill” or “Whole Unskinned” or “On Carcass” coyotes are not allowed.
7. Coyotes MUST BE SOLD either “Green” or “Stretched” at the F.T.O. March 10, 2018 Fur Auction in Okmulgee to be counted valid. Out of state sales and “private buyer sales” totals and number will not be included in “total numbers” of this contest. P.O. sales on coyotes will not be counted.
8. Winning team takes 50/50 split with the F.T.O. to be awarded at the end of the Fur Auction.
9. In the event of “team ties” in the numbers of coyotes sold … teams will split evenly 50% of the entry fee “pot” or totals between themselves.
10. F.T.O. Board of Directors has final ruling and decisions in regards to contestations and disputes.
11. The F.T.O., the Executive Council and Board Members, accept no responsibility or liability to any participant who harvest coyote illegally, or sustain damages or injury while participating in this contest.
12. Team Numbers will be assigned at the time the entry form and fee are received. Your seller number will be assigned at the door unless you reserve a seller number by calling either 918-367-9060 or 1-855-787-9453 beginning December 1, 2017 for the Fur Auction on March 10, 2018 at the Okmulgee County fairgrounds.
13. Official F.T.O. entry Forms can be downloaded from the F.T.O. website on the “Events Page”. Make checks or USPS Money Orders payable to the Fur Takers of Oklahoma. Checks will be held for clearance before being accepted as an entry fee.
14. No refunds will be issued, unless the decision to do so is made by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors.
15. By signing the official entry form, the participant agrees to all of these rules.
Click the links below to download the Rules and Entry Form: 1st annual coyote trapping contest
A few F.T.O. 2015 Fur Auction Pictures
A few F.T.O. 2014 Spring Meeting Pictures